|Title:||Part-time Administrative Assistant|
|Salary:||Commensurate with knowledge, skills and experience|
|Posting Date:||February 1, 2019|
|Location:||Fort Collins, Colorado|
MetStat, Inc. is a rapidly growing meteorological engineering company in Fort Collins, Colorado. We have an immediate opening for a part-time Administrative Assistant to provide administrative and logistical support. The position requires strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize multiple demands and excellent interpersonal skills in a small office setting. We are seeking a responsible and motivated individual to become part of our small, but active and exciting team of ten professionals, where your impact will be highly appreciated, realized and valued. We are seeking a quality, committed, long-term employee for this position to work closely with the Business Manager and President/CEO. Although initially part-time, this position could quickly evolve into a full-time position. Work days and hours are negotiable but will fall on weekdays between 7:30am and 5pm.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism in an environment with sensitive and proprietary information.
- Assist management in submitting reports, presentations, and proposals.
- Proactively manage and/or monitor multiple tasks and information, including: calendars, meetings, logistics, travel requirements, supplies, mail, files, team building opportunities, scheduling (e.g. Doodle Poll), and other administrative tasks.
- Phone administration.
- Perform duties such as copying, filing, picking up/sending mail, errands, answer phone, maintaining repair of office equipment and purchasing supplies.
- Help with social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Blog) tasks and updates.
- Advanced document editing and formatting
- Social coordinator
- Receipt Organization
- Data Entry
- Support Business Manager
- Associate degree preferred
- Minimum 1 year experience as an Administrative assistant or Office Manager
- Ability to manage and prioritize a diverse workload and complete assignments with strict deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask in an office environment where there are frequent interruptions and shifting priorities, with a knack for getting things done with attention to detail in such an environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively and take initiative as needed in non-routine situations and with little input from supervisor.
- Demonstrated software skills, including but not limited to proficiency with:
- Microsoft Office components (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Google docs, calendar and email
- Ability to work and troubleshoot independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Effective time management and prioritization skills for reacting to critical issues quickly and efficiently.
- Devoted, honest and willing to work hard among a small, rapidly growing business environment
- Aptitude for quickly learning new skills, new processes, and unfamiliar business software systems with complicated user interfaces.
- Basic understanding of small business accounting and related software programs, ie; QuickBooks
- Experience with grammatical editing, technical document review, and advanced formatting of Word documents.
- Basic IT troubleshooting skills
MetStat is a specialized meteorological engineering company located in Fort Collins, Colorado. We are committed meteorological engineers and leaders in detailed precipitation analysis, real-time gauge-adjusted radar rainfall products, weather frequency analysis, weather event reconstructions, forensic meteorology and the spatial interpolation of weather and climate variables. Since 1994, we have provided accurate, innovative and detailed meteorological and hydrometeorological information to the private and public sectors. Our comprehensive understanding of precipitation has allowed us to develop reliable techniques to blend weather radar data together with observed precipitation data to reconstruct precipitation events to support a rapidly growing clientele. We are seeking an energetic individual who wants to be part of a small, but exciting and rapidly growing business where the work will be challenging, but rewarding. We offer a great benefit package, including a SIMPLE IRA, cell phone reimbursement, up to four weeks of PTO per year and flexible work hours. Our office is located in mid-town Fort Collins.
Qualified applicants should mail their resume to MetStat (3030 S. College Ave, Suite 207, Fort Collins, CO 80525) or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org; please reference posting number and job title in the email subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest. As a condition of employment, this position is subject to the successful completion of pre-employment reference checks. MetStat is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications will be accepted until this position is filled. Initial phone interviews will be conducted for top candidates followed by face-to-face interviews.