Here is a list of helpful rainfall/precipitation-related web sites:
- Archived U.S. mosaic NEXRAD radar data (via interactive map) since 1/1/1995-Present
- Q2 1, 3, 6, 12, & 24 hour precipitation (via Google Maps )
- Experimental Local Storm Reports Google Maps Display (San Diego, CA NWS)
- National Operational Hydrologic Remote Sensing Center – National maps of Snow-related elements, including non-snow precipitation
- NASA’s Tropical Rainfall Mesasuring Mission (TRMM) – Current Heavy Rain Estimates from Real-Time TRMM Multi-Satellite Precipitation Analysis (Worldwide)
- GOES-West / GOES-East RAMSDIS Online – GOES-East and GOES-West 1, 4, 16 and Full Disk Satellite imagery, plus 2 week archive!
- Basic Heavy Rain & Flash Flood Concepts (Louisville, KY NWS)
- Interactive surface weather map (NCAR/RAP)
- UKAWC Numerical Rainfall Estimates – Virtual rain gauge for any location in the U.S.
- USGS WaterAlert – E-mail or text messages when certain user-definable flood thresholds are exceeded
- Daily U.S. Record reports – Plot the daily record temperatures and precipitation
- Email us other suggestions!
We provide these links as-is and do not endorse them.