Accurate, site-specific information for past weather events is crucial for legal professionals managing weather-related cases and insurance companies validating weather-related claims. Our testimony and/or analysis could provide pivotal information that could save you and your client money.
Tye W. Parzybok, Chief Forensic Meteorlogist, and METSTAT have been providing high quality meteorological services, including forensic weather analysis, and products for nearly 25 years. METSTAT is a leader in past weather event reconstruction/evaluation, extreme precipitation analysis, real-time precipitation monitoring, weather data quality control and spatial interpolation of weather/climate variables. Our data has been used in hydrologic models, design optimization plans, storm water analyses, litigation, insurance claims, inundation mapping, probable maximum precipitation (PMP) studies and radar-estimated precipitation.
• Highly qualified and insured.
• Experts in reconstructing weather events that are key in cases involving weather. Our Storm Precipitation Analysis System has been used to reconstruct over 200 rainfall events.
• Experts in providing a statistical sense of how rare (or common) the weather (e.g. wind, rain, snow, ice) was at a particular time and location where weather played a role in an incident. We can tell you if it was a 100-year event or not.
• We specialize in Western U.S. weather-related cases, but committed to cases nationwide. In fact, Tye Parzybok, Chief Forensic Meteorologist, authored the book Weather Extremes of the West.
• Utilize a comprehensive in-house weather database and when necessary a network of professionals in related disciplines (e.g. hydrologists).
• Among our strengths is quality control/assurance, so we guarantee the comprehensive data and products we use are legally compliant, written/voiced in “plain-English” and accurate.
• Competitive billing rates.